Specification Pearson Edexcel: A Level French Course Code 9FRO
Specification Pearson Edexcel: A Level Spanish Course Code 9SPO
How the courses are assessed:
Paper 1: Listening, reading and translation (Written examination: 2 hours 40% of the qualification - 80 marks)
Paper 2: Written response to works and translation (Written examination: 2 hours and 40 minutes 30% of the qualification - 120 marks)
Paper 3: Speaking (Internally conducted and externally assessed - Total assessment time: between 21 and 23 minutes, which includes a single period of 5 minutes’ formal preparation time 30% of the qualification - 72 marks)
As part of the course, students will study a film and literary text from the target language country. Students will also have to conduct an Extended Research Project which will be discussed in the speaking exam.
The following optional trips will be part of the course:
1. For French: Normandie (France) September 2019
2. For Spanish: Andalucia (Spain) October 2020
1. One to one speaking sessions to enhance exam performance in Speaking.
2. Conferences at Universities
3. British film institute day trip