Year 7 to 10 School Exams begin on Monday in the second week after May half term.
Lower Sixth School Exams begin on Monday in the third week after May half term.
Year 11 Mock Exams will begin on the first day back at school in January.
Upper Sixth Mock Exams begin on the first day back at school after February half term.
If you are sitting Public Exams (GCSE/GCE), please take time to read the information on this page very carefully. You will find information about the exam board regulations you will need to follow, your exam time-tables and how to obtain your results.
GCSE and A Level Exam Timetables Summer 2020
As announced by the government, GCSEs, AS level and A levels will not be going ahead this summer.
The exam regulator, Ofqual, and exam boards will work with teachers to provide grades to students whose exams have been cancelled. Please use the button below to find out more
A Level results can be collected on Thursday 13 August 2020, 8.00–10.00am
GCSE results can be collected on Thursday 20 August 2020, 9.00–10.00am
Arrangements for results day(s)
Results will be available for candidates to collect from school. Our Lady’s Abingdon will practise social distancing in line with current government guidance and will continue to follow the hierarchy of controls used over the summer term. In particular this means:
• Candidates who have coronavirus (COVID-19) symptoms, or who have someone in their household who does, should not come into school on results day. Please contact the Head of Exams to discuss other options for obtaining exam results
• Candidates must line up 2 meters apart outside Senior School Reception and wait to be called in
• Candidates may bring one family member with them into the school building
• Everyone on entering the school must use the hand sanitiser
• Everyone will need to observe social distancing at all times, which may slow up the process
• Masks should be worn as far as reasonably practicable
• Candidates should not congregate to discuss results, but leave the premises immediately
Candidates who do not have coronavirus symptoms and are unable to pick up their results in person will need to fill in a permission slip (see below button to download). The person picking up their results will need to bring this filled in permission slip with them. If no one is available to pick up a candidate’s results, please contact the Head of Exams to discuss other options for obtaining exam results.
The school has a number of policies regarding exams. All are available upon request from the Exams Office.
Information for Candidates
Exam information from the Joint Council for Qualification
Please note that while the OLA Exams Office has made every effort to ensure that the information contained on this page is accurate and up to date, the office cannot be held responsible for any errors or omissions.
Under no circumstances shall the office be liable for any loss or damage arising from the use of or reliance on information contained within the site.